We Need Your Support
Through your generosity, public schools in your community will have additional support in furthering the classroom experience, graduating students will get the assistance they need to continue their education, and our outstanding teachers will have the opportunity to obtain post graduate degrees and training. Learn more about how to support the Loudoun Education Foundation.
About the Foundation
Louduon Education Foundation Website
Adopted January 21, 2010
The mission of the Loudoun Education Foundation (LEF) is to provide resources to foster and promote programs that enhance the educational experience in Loudoun County Public Schools. During the day-to-day activities of LEF, we collect personally identifiable information that we believe is critical to our success as an organization in the achievement of our mission. We are committed to protecting the privacy of this information. Please read this policy to understand what personal information we collect and how we use the information we collect.
LEF collects personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- LEF collects personal information when you register for or participate in an event (such as our annual golf outing),
- When you send us an email inquiry,
- When you indicate your interest in supporting or volunteering for LEF,
- When you provide personal information (name, address, email address, telephone and fax numbers, and payment information) when you make a donation to LEF,
- When you submit an application for a scholarship,
- When you submit an application for a grant, and
- Through various other outreach activities, contacts and touch points.
- LEF does not have a method for reviewing personal information collected through this site or via our outreach programs for accuracy.
LEF may on some occasions use information we collect from you through this web site and other outreach activities to:
- Publicize donor names (those who contribute time, money or items of value to LEF events or causes),
- Publicize grant winners,
- Publicize scholarship winners,
- Publicize your participation in our events,
- Publicize photos from our events,
- Respond to your requests,
- Develop records, including records of your personal information,
- Contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about our services or upcoming events,
- Research, develop and improve LEF programs, services and content,
- Comply with a law, regulation, court order or other legal process.
Although LEF takes measures – physical, electronic and managerial – to prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the accuracy of your data and information, no information transferred over the internet is 100% secure. LEF cannot guarantee the total security of information transmitted to us.
LEF may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail or telephone to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. If your communication requests a response from us, LEF will send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information including your name, address, etc. LEF cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception.
LEF is committed to protecting the privacy of children. For that reason, we do not collect personal information from those we actually know are under 13.
By visiting our website you understand our privacy statement and limitations. If you have any questions about this policy, please use the Contact Us link on our web site.