We Need Your Support
Through your generosity, public schools in your community will have additional support in furthering the classroom experience, graduating students will get the assistance they need to continue their education, and our outstanding teachers will have the opportunity to obtain post graduate degrees and training. Learn more about how to support the Loudoun Education Foundation.
About the Foundation
Professional Development Grants
The Loudoun Education Foundation is pleased to announce our first-ever round of Professional Development Grants for Loudoun County Public School teachers and administrators. There are currently $2,500 available in this fund for grants of up to $1,000 each.
- • Loudoun Education Foundation awards Professional Development (PD) grants to teachers and administrators twice a year through a PD Grant Program.
- • The maximum grant awarded to an individual is $1,000; there is no minimum amount.
- • Funds will be considered for:
- • Internal professional development events (speakers and workshops within)
- • External PD events for staff (attending conferences, workshops, webinars, etc.)
- • Funds are not issued for coursework by teachers enrolled in continuing education
- • These funds cannot be used to pay membership fees/dues
- • Classes granting credit cannot be reimbursed with PD funds
- • PD must be directly relevant to your position
- • Local travel will only be reimbursed when it falls outside a regular daily, weekday commute to LCPS
- • Download and complete the PD Grant Application Form (Note: All applications must be typed.)
- • Obtain all signatures before submitting the proposal: all applications for funding must be pre-approved by your supervisor
- • Submit two copies of your application:
- • One printed copy of your proposal with original signatures to Loudoun Education Foundation (by Pony Mail: Administration Building; Attn: Samantha Courtney)
- • One digital PDF copy of your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Development Grant proposals are due: March 15, 2019 for events occurring July 1 – December 31, 2019.