We Need Your Support
Learn more about how to support the Loudoun Education Foundation.
About the Foundation
Classroom Grants for Teachers
Teacher Classroom Grants: Making a Difference
The Board of Trustees of the Loudoun Education Foundation awards teacher grants in the spring and fall each year. LEF will support the Spring 2018 grant program with a $20,000 committment--$10,000 from LEF and the remaining $10,000 from a grant for matching funds from the Claude Moore Charitable Foundation.
Congratulations to the Fall 2017 LEF Teacher Grant recipients whose 38 projects total more than $25,000!
The Spring 2018 grant cycle is now open. The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
LEF awards teacher grants in the Spring and Fall each year. Primary consideration will be given to proposals that:
- • Affect as many students as possible and benefit a diverse student group
- • Involve students as much as possible
- • Supplement and/or enhance the standard curriculum and ordinary teaching methods
- • Promote inter-classroom, interdisciplinary and/or joint teacher projects
- • Have comprehensive, yet succinct applications
- • Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate support through matching funds, if other grant criteria have been met
For each application, the maximum grant amount is $500, with no minimum. Two special grants of up to $1,500 each are available during the fall and spring application period. Preference will be given to applications that demonstrate support through matching funds, if other grant criteria have been met.
Applications must be submitted by the person who will implement the proposed project. For details on eligibility and award criteria, as well as application instructions, please see the Teacher Grant Application Instructions below.
Please click on the links below to view the application and instructions. Application materials:
Grants Summary Sheets for Awarded Grants
Click on the appropriate link to download your Project Summary sheet to report back to the Foundation the success of your awarded grant: