The Loudoun Education Foundation offers Professional Development Scholarships to Loudoun County Public Schools teachers and administrators.
- Loudoun Education Foundation awards Professional Development (PD) funds to teachers and administrators twice a year through a PD Scholarship Program.
- The maximum grant awarded to an individual is $1,000; there is no minimum amount.
- Two cycles are scheduled (Spring and Fall) and a total of $5,000 is available for each cycle.
- PD Cycles are as follows:
- Spring PD Cycle pre-approves funding for events occurring July 1 – December 31
- Fall PD Cycle pre-approves funding for events occurring January 1 – June 30
- No application will be reviewed or considered for PD events that have already occurred.
- Funds will be considered for:
- Internal professional development events (speakers and workshops within)
- External PD events for staff (attending conferences, workshops, webinars, etc.)
- Funds are not issued for coursework by teachers enrolled in continuing education
- These funds cannot be used to pay membership fees/dues
- Classes granting credit cannot be reimbursed with PD funds
- PD must be directly relevant to your position
Apply by filling out this application. Email completed applications to your Principal/Supervisor AND to: Danielle.Nadler@lcps.org. If your supervisor approves your application, they must “Reply All” with “Approved” in the body of the email.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 18, 2022. LEF’s Scholarship Committee will review all applications and will notify candidates of its decision in April.