Teacher Classroom Grants: Making a Difference
The Loudoun Education Foundation (LEF) is partnering with the Claude Moore Charitable Foundation (CMCF) to award teacher grants in the spring and fall each year. Grants range from $500 to $1,500. We recognize that teachers make a difference every day in the lives of their students and often spend hundreds of dollars of their own money for supplies to provide creative learning opportunities in their classrooms. The LEF and CMCF fund the Making a Difference: Teacher Classroom Grants to provide teachers with monetary support for special projects that help students learn and be successful in the classroom. If you are interested in supporting us by donating towards these grants, go to our donation page and choose “Supporting Teacher Grants” in the dropdown box next to “Gift Designation”.
LEF awards teacher grants in the Spring and Fall each year. The grant range for the application is $500 to $1,500 each. Grants are available during the fall and spring. Primary consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Affect as many students as possible and benefit a diverse student group
- Involve students in hands-on learning
- Supplement and/or enhance the standard curriculum and ordinary teaching methods
- Promote inter-classroom, interdisciplinary and/or joint teacher projects
- Have comprehensive, yet succinct applications
- Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate support through matching funds, if other grant criteria have been met.
For each “classroom” application, the maximum grant amount is $500, with no minimum. Special grants, of up to $1,500 each, are available if you meet the criteria (see below).
The Spring 2021 Teacher Classroom dates are now CLOSED.
Application must be submitted by the person who will implement the proposed project.
Instructions and criteria for grant application.