Claude Moore Charitable Foundation Teacher Scholarships
The Loudoun Education Foundation awards scholarships for graduate programs to current Loudoun County Public School teachers who are seeking endorsements in critical teaching shortage areas. Thanks to the generosity of the Claude Moore Charitable Foundation, the LEF will offer five scholarships for $5,000 each.
- Be currently employed and have taught at least two full years in LCPS. (This does not include the current teaching year.)
- Be enrolled in an endorsement program or have an application pending.
- Intend to obtain licensure in one of the following areas: (1) Special Education, all areas; (2) Mathematics, especially Math 6-12, Algebra I, Dual Enrollment; (3) Science, Physics, Dual Enrollment, Science 6-8; (4) Foreign Languages, PreK-12; (5) Career and Technical Education, especially family and consumer sciences and technology education; (6) English Language Learners, preK-12; (7) Reading Specialists; (8) Speech Language Pathologists; (9) Occupational Therapists; and (10) Physical Therapists.
- Agree to teach two years in LCPS after gaining licensure or repay the scholarship immediately upon leaving the teaching position with LCPS.
- Must obtain a B or better in the course(s) taken.
The application is now available.
The deadline for applications is March 13, 2020. The Foundation will notify all candidates about its decisions in April.